Overview - SQL Server DBA
FISCAL Technologies provides world-class accounts payable forensics software, our fast-growing SaaS cloud solutions protect spend, cut costs and reduce risk. Join FISCAL and you’ll work with a talented team of people who turn ideas into innovative software solutions that solve complex enterprise-scale challenges, and ultimately help to protect over £1.3 trillion of spend around the world.
We are searching for a passionate and talented SQL Server DBA who is looking for an opportunity to work with the latest Microsoft technology in an Agile and collaborative development team and enjoys the challenge of both production and development DBA responsibilities.
While working at FISCAL, you will have the opportunity to grow your technical skills while utilising the latest technologies and techniques. We will provide you with the opportunity to work in a modern, supportive and collaborative working environment.
What you’ll be doing…
- Providing support and development services to a mixed estate of SQL Servers, including 2014, 2016, SQL Azure, and on-premise client servers (from 2008 R2 upwards).
- Working with Customer Support to diagnose and resolve database errors or performance issues for FISCAL clients.
- Analysing large client data sets to gain insights that help drive product development.
- Working with the Development Team to build performance strategies (table/index design, etc.) that support scaling to large volumes.
- Ensuring that maintenance strategies for all SQL servers are robust and appropriate, and building strategies to monitor database / server health and provide early warning of performance issues.
- Managing the collection of telemetry data from multiple SQL Servers to feed into Power BI reports.
- Contributing in sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups and retrospectives
- Supporting your colleagues and working to achieve common team goals
We are looking for someone with…
- Proficiency in both Production and Development DBA environments
- Experience in identifying performance bottlenecks and tuning server performance.
- Substantial experience of SQL Server 2008 R2 upwards (including SQL Azure)
- Understanding and application of database design techniques
- Large-scale data manipulation and Extract Transform and Load (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services, T-SQL code and other techniques.
- Extensive development experience, amendment and debugging of T-SQL coding, database design, performance tuning, ETL using SSIS or similar.
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- A conscientious and hardworking attitude
- Strong problem-solving skills
Need any more reasons to work with us?
It’s an exciting time to join FISCAL Technologies as we are expanding which will give you an opportunity to stand out and grow with us.
Established in 2003 and operating in the ‘Fintech’ space, FISCAL has approximately 50 employees, it is an environment where you will have an opportunity to make a big difference, we work hard but have a good time too!
We give back by supporting our chosen charity of the year and hold lots of fun events for employees to take part in. The company has been an award recipient multiple times for being a great place to work and we’re proud to hold a Queen’s award for innovation.
- A flexible working policy, FTE 37.5 hours
- 20 days Annual Leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day per year up to a maximum of 25 days
- Holiday buy & sell scheme
- £500 per annum Wellbeing Allowance, including Perk box
- Employer pension contribution and life assurance
- Free hot/cold drinks, fruit and snacks
- An inclusive employee recognition scheme with monthly gift voucher prizes
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme