The role sits within a 6-strong team responsible for UK Enterprise Sales reporting to the Director of Customer Development. Our software has a proven track record of significant ROI with very limited comparable competition and over 200 existing UK clients across multiple sectors including Corporate, NHS and Local Authorities. The sales team is supported by in-house Marketing, Technical Support, Customer Success, Professional Services, Product Development, Strategic Alliances and Channel. Marketing support includes brochures, fact sheets, infographics, testimonials, case studies, an annual user conference and customer reference programme.
Duties and Key Accountabilities
- Identify, qualify and generate sales leads utilising various methods including internet research, referrals, networking, emailing, cold calling, web presentations, meetings and conferences.
- Follow-up on leads generated by our in-house Marketing team from direct marketing, seminars, webinars, conferences/exhibitions.
- Work with Business Development (inside sales) to prepare targeted account lists and share information to enable lead generation and appointment setting.
- Use Salesforce CRM and LinkedIn Sales Navigator to track contacts, accounts and opportunities.
- Engage with and develop a portfolio of new client relationships whose annual turnover is in excess of £100m.
- Facilitate and attend qualified client meetings to generate new business as well as securing upsells and professional services engagements from existing accounts.
- Provide customers with consultative, strategic advice and solutions during pre-sales discussions. Utilise our software to analyse client data and prepare bespoke Proof of Concept presentations, business case summaries and sales proposals.
- Work collaboratively with Customer Success to preserve existing client relationships and secure renewal income.
- Submit detailed monthly reports and sales forecasts, actively participate in monthly sales meetings and share key insights.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A solid and proven track record in delivering average new sales values of £55k+
- Demonstrated expertise in selling to corporate and public-sector clients.
- Experience in managing complex, multi-stakeholder sales cycles with organisations with a minimum turnover of £100m.
- Previously experience of selling cloud-based solutions or SAAS, as well as being competent in the use of SalesForce.com or similar CRM applications.
Attitude and Personal Qualities
- Proven track record of success in delivering new logos.
- Tenacious, self-motivated, results driven and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
- Gravitas and confidence in liaising with people at all levels of an organisation.
- Able to effectively articulate sales propositions both orally and using written communication.
- Strong demonstrable negotiation skills.
- Average UK deal size = c£55K
- Sales cycle = 6-9 months
- Annual new business target = c£500K
- 9 qualified new business meetings per month
- 3 new Proof of Concepts per month
- 9 new logo sales per annum