Who are you?
You're smart, personable and friendly, and you communicate clearly and respectfully. You write streamlined, efficient code in a variety of languages. You embody best-practice software engineering and are passionate about learning new languages and frameworks. An eternal tinkerer you are always looking for opportunities to increase value and leave things better than when you picked it up.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone with experience developing elegant and scalable solutions in an agile delivery environment. We hire capable software engineers who are keen about learning on the job.
What Will You Be Doing?
As a Software Engineer you will have the benefit from working on some challenging and fun projects for FISCAL Technologies. Depending on your skill set and desire, you will be working on anything from exciting new feature development on our NextGen or Flagship platforms, refining risk detection algorithms, tackling scalability or, Distributed Architecture, while using technologies such as .NET, Docker, React, Typescript and much more. Our technology is built on Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and our goal is to achieve Continuous Deployment.
What Does a Strong Candidate Look Like?
- Strong and relevant T shaped skills, not confined by their job title in the pursuit of value creation
- A history of working with one or more of these languages: C#, Typescript, T-SQL, Power Query, PowerShell
- Experience in at least 2 of the following: .NET core, Entity Framework, Distributed Architecture, Cloud technologies, Docker, Serverless
Experience with front-end frameworks like React, Angular or Vue is highly regarded
- Experience in unit test coding and test automation
- Experience with agile development and a continuous integration build environment
- Good knowledge of Azure or transferable knowledge from AWS or similar
- Self-starter with the ability to solve technical problems independently
- General problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Work productively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communicator
- No big egos or rock stars
Incorporating unique technology to help reduce risk in the supply chain. FISCAL’s solutions are used on a continuous, preventative basis by ‘purchase to pay’ professionals to protect supplier spend, defend against fraud, increase profitability and drive process improvement. While we continue to add more features, and refine the experience, our goal hasn’t changed since day one – to Protect Organisational Spend.
FISCAL has safeguarded hundreds of millions of transactions since it was established. Our AP Forensics® software is now relied on by over 250 leading organisations, but there are many more customers across the globe we haven't met yet!
Established in 2003 and operating in the ‘Fintech’ space, FISCAL holds a Queen’s Award for Innovation and has been a recipient multiple times of awards for being “a great place to work”. The company has approximately 50 employees primarily based in the Reading, UK headquarters and there are additional offices in Edinburgh and the US. Our group annual turnover is circa £4M.
At FISCAL, you'll be joining a small team of smart and passionate people and will help solve challenging and interesting problems using the latest technologies. You will have the opportunity to directly influence the growth and direction of a nimble organisation with a start-up mind set. Strong believers in Wheaton’s Law, we’ve extended it to include “Be Awesome …”.
- A modern working space with a flexible working policy
- Opportunity to visit and interact directly with our customers to increase our value to them
- Weekly “Beer O’clock” involving Xbox Tourneys, Board/Table top Games, Nerf Battles, Lego build offs and super fun
- Frequent team/company events
- Opportunities to participate in charity events and volunteering in our community