Who are you?
You're smart, personable and friendly, and you communicate clearly and respectfully. You write streamlined, efficient code in a variety of languages. You embody best-practice software engineering and are passionate about learning new languages and frameworks. An eternal tinkerer you are always looking for opportunities to increase value and leave things better than when you picked it up.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone with experience developing elegant and scalable solutions in an agile delivery environment. We hire capable software engineers who are keen about learning on the job.
What Will You Be Doing?
As a Software Engineer you will have the benefit from working on some challenging and fun projects for FISCAL Technologies. Depending on your skill set and desire, you will be working on anything from exciting new feature development on our new SaaS platform, refining risk detection algorithms or enhancing them through the use of Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning techniques, increasing scalability or extending our distributed architecture, while using technologies such as .NET, C#, SQL, React, Typescript and more. Our technology is built on Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and our goal is to achieve Continuous Deployment.
What Does a Strong Candidate Look Like?
- Experienced in developing high quality, elegant and performant code that is easy to test and maintain
- Demonstrable experience of working with one or more of the following technologies: .Net, C#, SQL, Azure, React, Typescript, or CSS
- Excellent communicator and a great team player who enjoys collaborating with other talented engineers
- Comfortable working within a highly Agile team with experience of using Scrum, TDD, Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Strong focus on “Value” creation, with a mindset of completing the activities required to achieve team goals
- Familiarity with developing and expanding unit tests and automated test frameworks
- Hardworking and dedicated individual who is keen to learn new skills
- Self-starter with the ability to independently solve technical problems
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Able to work productively in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Knowledge of Azure or transferable knowledge from AWS or similar
- Experience with developing solutions utilising Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
Incorporating unique technology to help reduce risk in the supply chain. FISCAL’s solutions are used on a continuous, preventative basis by ‘purchase to pay’ professionals to protect supplier spend, defend against fraud, increase profitability and drive process improvement. While we continue to add more features, and refine the experience, our goal hasn’t changed since day one – to Protect Organisational Spend.
FISCAL has safeguarded hundreds of millions of transactions since it was established. Our AP Forensics® software is now relied on by over 250 leading organisations, but there are many more customers across the globe we haven't met yet!
Established in 2003 and operating in the ‘Fintech’ space, FISCAL holds a Queen’s Award for Innovation and has been a recipient multiple times of awards for being “a great place to work”. The company has approximately 50 employees primarily based in the Reading, UK headquarters and there are additional offices in Edinburgh and the US. Our group annual turnover is circa £4M.
At FISCAL, you'll be joining a small team of smart and passionate people and will help solve challenging and interesting problems using the latest technologies. You will have the opportunity to directly influence the growth and direction of a nimble organisation with a start-up mind set. Strong believers in Wheaton’s Law, we’ve extended it to include “Be Awesome …”.
- A modern working space with a flexible working policy
- Opportunity to visit and interact directly with our customers to increase our value to them
- Frequent team/company events
- Friday afternoon “Beer O’clock”, board/table-top games, Nerf battles and other fun
- Opportunities to participate in charity events and volunteering in our community
How to Apply
You can submit your CV with a Cover Letter either directly to: [email protected] or via the careers section of our website: www.fiscaltec.com. Feel free to include links to any awesome things on which you have been working.