Who are you?
You're smart, personable and friendly, and you communicate clearly and respectfully. You write streamlined, efficient code in a variety of languages.
You embody best-practice software engineering and are passionate about learning new languages and frameworks. An eternal tinkerer you are always looking for opportunities to increase value and leave things better than when you picked them up.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone with experience developing elegant and scalable solutions in an agile delivery environment. We hire talented software engineers who are keen about learning on the job.
What will you be doing?
As a Software Engineer you will have the benefit of working on challenging and important projects for FISCAL. Depending on your skill set desire, you will be working on anything from exciting new feature development on our latest and Flagship platforms, refining risk detection algorithms, to tackling scalability or distributed architecture. You’ll use technologies such as .NET, Docker, Ember and more. Our technology is built on Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and our goal is to achieve Continuous Deployment. You’ll have the equipment and software to deliver great work.
What does a strong candidate Look Like?
- Strong, relevant T-shaped skills, not confined by their job title in the pursuit of delivering value.
- Experience in at least two of the following:
- .NET development including Core & MVC applications,
- SQL Server via Entity Framework, Telerik Test Studio,
- Distributed Architecture, Cloud technologies (AWS/Azure),
- Big Data Architecture
- Experience with front-end frameworks like Ember or Foundation is highly regarded
- Experience in (and a strong commitment to use!) unit test coding and test automation
- Experience with agile development and a continuous integration build environment
- Good knowledge of Azure or transferable knowledge from AWS or similar
- Self-starter with ability to solve technical problems independently
- General problem solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Work productively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communicator
- No big egos – you’ll be a team player committed to group success
Who are we?
Incorporating unique technology to help reduce risk in the financial supply chain, FISCAL’s solutions are used on a continuous, preventative basis to protect supplier spend, defend against fraud, increase profitability and drive process improvement. While we continue to add more features, and refine the experience, our goal hasn’t changed since day one – to Protect Organisational Spend.
FISCAL has safeguarded hundreds of millions of transactions since it was incorporated in 2003 and is now relied on by over 250 leading organisations, but there are many more customers across the globe we haven't met yet!
FISCAL employs approximately 50 employees based in the UK and the US. We have experienced 7 years of profitable organic growth and have ambitious plans for our future development. We won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2016 for Innovation. At FISCAL, you'll be joining a team of smart and passionate people and will help solve challenging and interesting problems using the latest technologies. Strong believers in Wheaton’s Law, we’ve extended it to include “Be Awesome…”.
What are the perks and benefits?
- The opportunity to directly influence the growth and direction of a nimble organisation with a start-up mind set.
- Competitive salary with pension and wellbeing allowance.
- Opportunity to visit and interact directly with our customers to increase the delivery value to them.
- Weekly “Beer O’clock” involving Xbox Tourneys, Board/Table top Games, Nerf Battles, Lego build
offs and super fun, frequent team/company events
- Opportunities to participate in charity events and volunteering in our community.
How to apply
Please send your cover Letter, CV, together with links to your GitHub/Bitbucket/Stack Overflow account, or links to some other awesome things you have been working on to [email protected] or use the form above to directly apply.